Scott Anderson: The naked truth about working from home
Should you "dress for success" when working from home?
Nope. What a waste!
Can you work from home and have a healthy work-life balance?
Yes, in fact, your opportunity for a balanced life improves.
Don't risk the wrong kind of viral internet fame. Avoid the pitfalls and learn how to optimize your WFH environment to boost your productivity.
This book is for anyone who works from home, or is considering working from home. Primarily it's aimed at those of you for whom working from home is new, or daunting. However, even if you're a WFH veteran, I hope you'll find some new ideas to improve your current experience.
This book is not about setting up a remote working company, and it's certainly not one of those "How to make $1733 a week working from home" books. Rather it contains practical instructions for working from home productively, while keeping you out of trouble.
After 17 years of working remotely, I've made plenty of mistakes and learnt how to overcome challenges to achieve great results, working with entirely remote teams.
- Who this is for?
- WFH FTW - The benefits of working from home
- Pimp my home office - How to set up your home office
- Kicking goals - How to improve productivity
- Let it ring - Setting healthy work boundaries
- Smoke signals and carrier pigeons - How to communicate well in remote teams
- Avoiding cabin fever - How to achieve balance
- None of us is as smart as all of us - How to build strong teams
- Avoid WFH fails
- Square peg, square hole - The specifics on apps and hardware
- Like a boss - Tips for Managers
- Summing up
- About me