H. P. Lovecraft, Ryunosuke Akutagawa, Ambrose Bierce, Arthur Machen, William Hope Hodgson, M. R. James, Robert W. Chambers, August Nemo: 7 best short stories - Weird Fiction
Weird Fictionutilises elements of horror, science fiction and fantasy to showcase the impotence and insignificance of human beings within a much larger universe populated by often malign powers and forces that greatly exceed the human capacities to understand or control them.
The critic August Nemo has selected seven classic tales of the genre, especially for readers who want (and have courage!) to face the abyss:
- The Dunwich Horror by H.P. Lovecraft
- Hell Screen by Rynosuke Akutagawa
- An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge by Ambrose Bierce
- The White People by Arthur Machen
- Number 13 by M. R. James
- The Derelict by William Hope Hodgson
- The Repairer of Reputations by Robert W. Chambers
For more books with interesting themes, be sure to check the other books in this collection!