Louisa May Alcott, Mary E. Wilkins Freeman, William Dean Howells, O. Henry, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Francis K. Ball, Edward Payson Roe, August Nemo: 7 best short stories - Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving began as a day of giving thanks and sacrifice for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Although Thanksgiving has historical roots in religious and cultural traditions, it has long been celebrated as a secular holiday as well. Being the holiday that marks the opening of the Holiday Season, Thanksgiving is an important part of the identity and culture of North America.
Have fun with seven short stories selected by the critic August Nemo that bring all the atmosphere of union and gratitude of this date:
- An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott
- Thankful by Mary E. Wilkins Freeman
- Turkeys Turning The Tables by William Dean Howells
- How We Kept Thanksgiving at Oldtown by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen by O. Henry
- Three Thanksgiving Kisses by Edward Payson Roe
- The First Thanksgiving by Albert F. Blaisdell & Francis K. BallFor more books with interesting themes, be sure to check the other books in this collection!