H. G. Wells, E. M. Forster, H. Beam Piper, M. P. Shiel, Fyodor Dostoevsky, August Nemo: 7 best short stories - Dystopia
Dystopian fiction- sometimes combined with, but distinct from apocalyptic literature - is the opposite: the portrayal of a setting that completely disagrees with the author's ethos.
The critic August Nemo selected seven classic tales of dystopian scenarios.
- The Machine Stops by E.M. Forster
- The Answer by H. Beam Piper
- The Purple Cloud by M.P. Shiel
- The Empire of the Ants by H.G. Wells
- In The Year 2889 by Jules Verne
- The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers
- Notes from the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
For more books with interesting themes, be sure to check the other books in this collection!